Company History



Glenmount Memorials was founded in 1951 by Frank and Helen Greensides, on Glenmount Street in Hamilton Ontario. The business was later moved to Humberstone Township (now part of The City of Port Colborne). In October of 1961 the company was purchased by William and Margaret Sturman. In 1962 the business was moved across the street to its present location on 3114 Highway #3 East Port Colborne.

 

Production and sales were conducted from a converted double car garage and workshop until 1974. At that time, a 5000 square foot building was raised and equipped with the most modern monument production machinery available. Office, customer reception, art and drafting facilities were installed in the front of the building. This facility is still by far the largest and most modern shop of its type in the Niagara Region.

 

In April of 1981 the property and buildings of 301 Aqueduct in Welland Ontario were purchased. The premises held various monument companies for the past 50 years. The property is now owned by MacLeod Automotive, which occupies the main shop area. Glenmount Memorials maintains a large outdoor display and sales office on the Property.

 

On January 1st 2016 Garth and Allison Nelson became the current owners of Glenmount after Tim and Dianne Sturman who had owned and operated Glenmount since the 1995, announced their retired from the company.  Glenmount Memorials has become part of “Stone Centre Inc.” Ontario’s Largest Retail Monument Company.